Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mini Peach-Ginger Pies


Disclaimer : If you have a sweet tooth, this is probably not going to satisfy you.  
If you are like me and prefer your desserts to be less sweet, you might love it. 

preheat the oven to 350

The Crust
1/4 c butter
1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2+ c white flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp cold water



The Filling
2 peaches, peeled & chopped
1 inch ginger root, grated
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 c flour
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
1 tsp butter



I rolled the pie dough out and then used the mouth of a large plastic cup to cut out circles, which I then placed in 6 cups of a muffin tin, with some dough left over for the pie tops.  I mixed all of the filling ingredients together and then spooned them into the little pie shells.  I used the extra pie dough to put Xs on top of the pies.  

Bake for 20-30 minutes. 







I almost threw out the peach skins, but then I decided that instead of letting them go completely to waste, I could make a nice, refreshing, cocktail out of them.  

Peach-Skin Cocktail

skins from 2 peaches
2-3 sections of grapefruit
2 sprigs of basil
Jameson
Club Soda

muddle together the skins, grapefruit, and basil
add Jameson and Club Soda
add ice
stir well

No comments :

Post a Comment