Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

1 egg
2 tbsp milled flax (super-good for you!  look it up...)
splash of milk or juice (I very rarely buy milk, and never put it in my pancakes.  My favorite thing to use is apple cider.  When cider is not available, I use orange juice)
       small splash for a smaller pancake, bigger splash if you're hungry
enough bisquick to reach desired thickness (I like my pancakes pretty thin, I don't measure, but I probably use about 1/4 to 1/3 cup)
chocolate chips

top with whatever your heart desires.  I use to use boring maple syrup or sometimes crunchy peanut butter, but lately it's been black-raspberry preserves or, my favorite, pumpkin butter!  Fresh strawberries or banana slices on top are also great for both taste and nutritional value.


No comments :

Post a Comment