Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve


This was the 3rd or 4th year in a row for my annual NYE dinner party.  I make all the food, and just ask that guests bring whatever they want to drink.  I've made guacamole and spinach dip every year, but those are probably the only menu items that have stayed consistent.  I feel like my kitchen expertise has grown by leaps and bounds in the last year, and I put a lot of thought into making this year's menu the most spectacular spread of food I have ever accomplished.  
Due to various conflicts, only a handful of people were able to make it this year, but those of us that were there had a great time and agreed that the food was amazing.  

filled with crab, onion, celery, cream cheese, alfredo


Cider-BBQ Pulled Pork
pork tenderloin rubbed with flour & cinnamon
slow-cooked in the crockpot for 9 hours


choice of plain or cider

choice of bacon or mushroom



Quinoa Salad
with carrot, celery, broccoli, mushroom
olive oil/garlic/ginger 


Cole Slaw
choice of honey & mustard or mayo & ranch

Spinach-Artichoke Dip
spinach, artichoke, cream cheese, alfredo sauce

Guacamole
avocado, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, tomato


choice of dark chocolate or white chocolate

The biggest hit!
I'm told they "melt in your mouth"
I didn't eat any of the white chocolate ones, but I definitely devoured some of the dark.


I'm gonna have a tough time beating this menu next year!  
But I will find a way...of course.



As a side note: as far as I'm concerned, the year ends in June and starts in August.  Which means there are about 5 more months to get through before the year ends. 
But for those of you who go by the number you write at the end of the date...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments :

Post a Comment