Sunday, January 13, 2013

Olive Oil & Beer Cake

A few months ago I made a Rosemary Olive Oil Cake.  It was yummy, but way too sweet for my tastes.  Tonight, I was itching to bake something, but couldn't decide what, so I organized my recipe box while I was thinking about it.  I came across the recipe for the Olive Oil Cake and decided it was time to try it again.  However, the original recipe called for white wine, and I don't have any right now.  But I did have a bottle of beer that I didn't particularly want to drink.  So I decided to substitute beer for wine.  I also changed the flour and sugar types/amounts from the original recipe.


ingredients listed in the order that I added them to the mixing bowl
1 c Shock-Top Raspberry Wheat Beer 
1 c olive oil
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1+ tbs crushed rosemary
1/2 c brown sugar
1 c white sugar
1/2 c wheat flour
2 c white flour






pour batter into a 9x9 pan
bake at 350 for 50 min



I had to cut the cake into 4 pieces in order to remove it from the pan
 For my taste-test...I ate the pieces that stuck to the pan

Delicious.




No comments :

Post a Comment