Thursday, August 22, 2013

Immersion Blender!

I just bought myself a new kitchen toy that has made soup-making sooooo much easier.  


I've been planning to make carrot-ginger soup for awhile now, but it's usually such a pain, I was dragging my feet about making it, even though I was craving it.  But then I ordered an immersion blender and it came yesterday.  So tonight I made my soup.  Cooked everything, threw it all in a pitcher, and blended it smooth.  So much quicker and easier than processing it cup by cup in my food processor.  Also, the immersion blender is so easy to clean!

Olive oil, 2 inches of ginger root, 1/2 yellow onion, garlic powder, mustard powder, splash of veggie stock.

9 carrots, steamed with 1/2 stick butter, a bit of water.

When the carrots were soft, I poured the entire contents of the pot into the larger pot with the onions, etc.  Then I added 1-2 cups of heavy cream and a bit more veggie stock. 
I let it cook for a few minutes, then I spooned it into a pitcher.

Then I put my new toy to work.


Yes, I made soup in a green drink pitcher.  
The instructions for the blender said tall and thin containers work best. 
I decided this was the best thing I had.

Deliciousness.

No comments :

Post a Comment