Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Peachy Perfect Pizza

I was going to make a boring beef & cheese quesadilla for dinner.  But then I got to thinking...it has been far too long since the last time I made up a completely random kitchen creation.  Far. Too. Long.

It has also been quite a while since I made pizza.  So...what to put on it...besides beef.  Hmmm...I have 2 peaches in the fridge that need to be eaten one of these days...Peaches and beef?  Strange...ly good?  And of course, once I get a crazy idea like this...I can't let it go.  So Peach-Beef Pizza it is. 



Since it's just me tonight, and I've never been a fan of leftover pizza, I sort-of cut the recipe in half.  Meaning, I meant to...but I added more yeast than I should have, so it ended up slightly more than half, I guess.  I'll give you the full dough recipe, and just keep in mind that you should actually be filling the pizza pan with crust, not having space all around the edges like I did. 


Dough
1 pkg yeast
1 c hot water
2 1/2 c flour (I do a combo of wheat flour and white flour)
1 tsp salt
herbs/seasonings to taste
1 tbsp olive oil

knead it up and spread it out in a pizza pan


Sauce
I am a HUGE fan of mixing marinara and alfredo



Toppings
Sliced up beef chunks
Sliced peach
and...leeks...because I love them.




Cheese
as always...Colby/Monterey blend


Bake at 450 for 15-20 min


and by the way...it was absolutely delicious.

No comments :

Post a Comment