Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Scallops!

mmmm I love scallops.  Made some for dinner a few nights ago and sadly did not take any pictures, because the meal was beautiful.  Angel hair pasta in my super-secret home-made sauce, and baked scallops topped with crispy bacon and chives.  Soooooo yummy. 

However, I have, of course, taken pictures of scallops other times that I have made them...here's one from tonights dinner made with the leftovers. (with some added leeks and spinach cause I needed a vegetable)

To make the scallops:

I buy a bag of frozen scallops from the grocery store, not sure of how many ounces it is off the top of my head...but when I thaw them under running water and put them in a pie plate, they just cover the bottom of the plate. 

So, thaw the scallops in a colander under running water, make sure they are thoroughly rinsed. 

Melt about 4 tbsp of butter in a glass pie plate.  Substitute bacon grease for some of the butter if you keep some of that on hand like me.  You can also add some white wine if you wish. 

Once the scallops are thawed, spread them out in the pie plate.  Then sprinkle them liberally with some kind of bread crumb/herb mixture.  Mine has triscuit crumbs, bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, mustard powder, salt...maybe something else...I keep a shaker full of this creation on hand in my kitchen.  Stick it all in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 min. 


I love eating these scallops over angel hair pasta.  And yes, bacon on top is always welcome.  Someday I will defintely get a picture of that.

Here's some other pictures of scallops...

No comments :

Post a Comment