Sunday, November 27, 2011

Steak Tetrazzini


I was looking up stuffing recipes online...and saw a recipe for turkey tetrazzini.  And suddenly realized that I can't remember the last time I had some of the deliciousness that is tetrazzini.  So, I said goodbye to my original dinner plans (which were only half-formed anyway), and decided to make tetrazzini.  I don't have any turkey.  But I bought some steak today, and decided that it would be perfect.  And I was right.

Ingredients
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp bacon grease
1/8 c white flour
1/8 c wheat flour
3/4 c milk
1/4 c heavy cream
squirt of ranch
garlic powder
mustard powder
1 c shredded cheese
thin steak
angel hair pasta (approx. 8 oz)

Directions
1) boil water and cook pasta, preheat oven to 350
2) while the water is boiling, chop up the steak and cook it in a skillet


3) once the pasta and steak are cooking, throw all the other ingredients in a saucepan, in the order I listed them.  Stir frequently, remove from heat when it starts to boil

(a busy stove makes me smile...meatballs cooking for this week's lunch, pasta, sauce, and steak for the tetrazzini)

4) put the pasta and steak in a casserole dish, then pour the sauce on top and mix it well
5) dust the top with breadcrumbs and a little bit of shredded cheese

6) bake at 375 for 30 minutes
7) serve for dinner with some veggies (I steamed some fresh green beans)

another culinary success story

No comments :

Post a Comment