Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Strawberry Mint Sorbet


RECIPE OF DELICIOUSNESS

-boil 1 c water with 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/4 c white sugar, and a bunch of fresh mint, and 1/4 tsp salt.
-clean, de-leaf, and puree 2 qts of strawberries. 
-once the sugar water has boiled, remove it from the heat.  Fish out the mint leaves and throw them in the blender with some of the strawberries.  If your blender is better than mine, you probably won't end up having to fish out any intact stems or leaves...like I did... but most of the mint broke down small enough that I could leave it.
-mix everything together in a big glass bowl, add about 1/4 qt of chopped strawberries
-cover with plastic wrap and freeze.  If you have time, stir every hour or so, so that it doesn't freeze solid into ice.  I only got to stir mine once before bed, and then again in the morning when I woke up.  If I had used a shallower bowl, it would have been frozen pretty solid by morning.  Lucky me, I used a bigger bowl so the middle was actually still soft enough to stir. 

simple (minty) syrup in the making

go blender go!

the red sea...of strawberry goodness

contemplate the deliciosness

mmm strawberry chunks

let the freezing begin!

a whole bunch of ice fell off the plastic wrap when I opened it...I had to pick it off with a fork...then I used the fork to "fluff" the sorbet.  I had to use a knife on some of the chunkier parts.


Dessert tonight is going to be epic-ly delicious!



By the way...this is by far my most successful sorbet ever.  Not too sweet OR too salty!  And not frozen solid as a rock either!  Hooray!




No comments :

Post a Comment