Sunday, April 28, 2013

Diabolical Bacon Cookies

Somebody come save me from myself! I was left unsupervised on a rainy Sunday, and 45 of these appeared in my kitchen.  There are still 42 left...


Ingredients
1/2 stick butter
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1/4 c stout beer
4 slices of bacon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c white flour
mini chocolate chips

My new favorite stout (after Guinness of course)
Magic Hat's Heart of Darkness Stout


Directions
Chop the bacon into little pieces.  Throw it in a skillet on medium heat.  When the bacon starts to look crispy, drain the excess grease.  Add the beer, cook until the liquid has evaporated off.  When done, put the bacon on a paper towel to soak up any remaining grease.

In a mixing bowl, combine the other ingredients, in the order listed.  Add the bacon and chocolate chips last.

Put tiny spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet.  I got 3 sheets of 15 cookies each.   


Cook at 375 for 6 minutes.  
(Longer if you make bigger cookies)


Enjoy responsibly with some beer.




No comments :

Post a Comment