Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Skillet Steak


Who says a steak has to cooked on a grill?  I mean, I'm sure it's generally best cooked on a grill...but I don't have one.  And even if I did...I wouldn't be caught using it in sub 20 degree weather.  Stove-top will have to do.  Besides, the package said "skillet steak" so clearly it's meant to be cooked in a skillet...


I rubbed the steak with olive oil, rosemary, and garlic powder, then put it in the preheated, non-stick, skillet.  I seared it on each side, then flipped it back to the first side and let it cook for a few minutes on each side.  It's a pretty thin steak, so it didn't take too long to get it done, no pink.  'Cause who wants to eat something that is still moo-ing?  Not me, anyway. 

Ate the steak with some leftover mac n cheese, some leeks, and some steamed baby broccoli.

so brilliantly green... or should I say...so verdantly green?  maybe that's too redundant.

now there's a delicious dinner if I do say so myself

and the dinner wine

hasn't given me heartburn yet...must be a good one.

I doubt this steak required a steak knife...but I have steak knives now, why not put them to use?

No comments :

Post a Comment