Monday, December 3, 2012

Guinness-Rosemary Chocolate Truffles


Guinness-Rosemary Chocolate Truffles



Recipe adapted from the Beeroness
A lovely blog with lots of delicious and beer-filled recipes.  


Ingredients

1 c Guinness
7 oz chocolate, 70% cocoa
1.75* oz. chocolate, 85% cocoa
crushed rosemary

*I only made 13 truffles today.  The 1.75 oz was a bit more than I needed for 13.  I would say there is enough filling chocolate left for another 13 or so.  So if you are making all your truffles at once, try 3.5 oz.

Directions

Boil the Guinness until it is reduced to about 1/2 c. Remove from heat and add the 7 oz of 70 chocolate.  Stir until melted.  Pour into a bowl, let cool on the counter for a bit and then cover with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge.  It probably only needs to chill for a couple of hours, but I chilled mine overnight.



Use a melon-baller to scoop out chunks of the chocolate and then use your hands to roll them into balls.  This is a very messy step.  I had no idea my hands were so warm...but the chocolate was melting and making a big mess.  I ended up making about 13 truffles and then putting the rest of the chocolate back in the fridge to re-chill.  I'll make the rest of the truffles some other day.  




Melt the 1.75 oz. of 85 chocolate in a glass measuring cup in the microwave for 1 minute, then stir until completely melted.  Dunk the truffles in, one at a time, and use a fork to turn them/get them evenly coated/fish them out and lay them on wax paper.  Sprinkle the truffles with some crushed rosemary.  Or anything that your heart desires, really.  
I'm sure some of the truffles I make will be coated in bacon bits.  
Yum. 



Chill in the fridge.  
Eat. 
Enjoy.
You're welcome.


I had some coating chocolate left over so I poured it over my last slice of pumpkin cheesecake.


As a disclaimer...if you don't like dark chocolate, you WILL NOT like these truffles.  They are a bit bitter.  Try some chocolate with less than 70% cocoa if you aren't a milk-chocolate hater like me.  


No comments :

Post a Comment