Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cranberry-Chicken Lo Mein

Chicken lo mein is some kind of a comfort food for me.  Sometimes, I just really want a big bowl of it.  But I don't like going to the trouble to order take-out and go pick it up.  Also, when I get lo mein from the Chinese restaurant, I end up dying of thirst for the rest of the night.  So, I got really excited when I found a recipe on Foods of Our Lives.  I have adapted it slightly to fit my tastes and inability to measure things.  My recipe isn't perfect, but it's close enough to satisfy my craving, and, most importantly, it doesn't leave me chugging water for the rest of the night.  Also, it only takes about 30 min to make.  Easy.


Ingredients
a few cloves garlic
a chunk of ginger root
1/2 small onion
olive oil
1 b/s chicken breast
1 c frozen broccoli
1/2 c frozen cranberries
2 stalks celery
2 carrots
angel hair pasta
1 spoonful corn starch
1 spoonful hoisin sauce
1/4 c veggie stock
soy sauce
rice vinegar



Directions
Boil water for the pasta.  Mince the garlic & ginger, chop the onion.  Throw them in a large skillet with some olive oil and cook til browned.  Chop the chicken, celery, and carrots.  Add them to the skillet.  Thaw the broccoli and cranberries under running water, then add them to the skillet.  Combine the corn starch, hoisin, soy, and veggie stock, then pour into the skillet. Add a sprinkle of rice vinegar.  Add the pasta.  Stir well to coat everything.  Eat.  Enjoy.  






No comments :

Post a Comment