Monday, February 4, 2013

PB Beef & Broccoli


I haven't actually tasted this yet...I made it after dinner because I felt like playing in the kitchen.  I could taste a spoonful now, but I'm really not hungry.  I'll try it for dinner tomorrow.  

Ingredients

thin steak (I used .7 lb)
3 c chopped broccoli
2 carrots
2 cloves garlic
sm. chunk of ginger
2 huge spoonfuls of crunch peanut butter
soy sauce

Directions

Brown the garlic and ginger with olive oil in a large skillet.  Chop the meat into bite-sized pieces and add them to the skillet.  Grate the carrot and add it and the broccoli.  Sprinkle with soy sauce.  Add PB.  
Stir well.  

I prefer fresh broccoli, but the selection was not good this week so I had to dig in my freezer for the 
freezer-burned variety for tonight's episode of playing in the kitchen.  


I thought I could chop the meat while the ginger/garlic was browning, but the pan was hotter than I thought it was.  They certainly got brown...or burnt. 

And then I thought it would be a good idea to grate the carrot directly over the skillet.  There are now little bits of carrot all over my kitchen.  And me.  Why must it be so messy?!





I'll toss this with some angel hair pasta tomorrow night. 





No comments :

Post a Comment