Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lemon Ginger Cookies

Lemon Ginger Cookies


1/2 stick butter
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon extract
1 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c wheat flour
3/4 c flour
1/2 tsp crushed rosemary



Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes


I didn't quite have the dough cold enough before it went into the oven, and so my cookies spread pretty thin and got crunchier than I like.  Oops.  They taste good though.  

As for the adventure of the day...I stuck my nose in the bowl after adding the lemon extract to see if it smelled lemony enough, and...I couldn't really smell lemon but I did get a big whiff of alcohol!  Was I supposed to know that extracts are mostly alcohol?  That blast of alcohol fumes pretty much guaranteed that I wasn't going to be able to tell how lemony the cookies were, so I had to just hope they were good.  



No comments :

Post a Comment