Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pumpkin-Craisin-Choc Chip Cookies



I've had an actual stand mixer in my apartment for a whole week now and I didn't get around to breaking it in until this evening.  But somebody has a birthday coming up and will be receiving some cookies in the mail.
(Hopefully on time...but no promises. Who has time to go to the post-office?)

my new toy:

So this evening, I made cookies for the first time in 5 years without having to melt the butter first.  And I didn't have to use a fork to mix the dough.  Craziness.  Guess now I should stop bragging about how I can make delicious cookies without a mixer.

Pumpkin-Craisin-Choc Chip Cookies

1/2 stick butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 egg
3-4 tbsp pumpkin
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 c wheat flour
1+ c flour

This is my basic cookie recipe, but I added the pumpkin.  I normally use 3/4 c white flour, but ended up adding quite a bit extra because the dough seemed too soft.  I have no idea how much I ended up adding.  






These are the "fluffiest" cookies I have made in a long time.  
Often my cookies end up pretty flat.  But even when I get the dough cold enough not to spread really thin, they don't usually end up as tall as this batch of cookies did!




No comments :

Post a Comment