Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Avocado

Today's post is dedicated to my favorite food.  When you think avocado, you might think of guacamole.  Guacamole is delicious, especially when it's my personal recipe.
(ingredients: cream cheese, avocado, garlic salt, lime juice, diced roma tomato)

However, avocados really don't need to be made into guacamole.  They are delicious on their own.  I have been known to cut an avocado in half and use a spoon to dig the fruit right out of the skin and into my mouth.  Plain.  No salt, no lime juice, no tomato.  Just pure, delicious, avocado.  Sometimes I spread it on my homemade bread.  Sometimes I scoop it out of the skin with a corn chip.  Sometimes I dice it up on a salad, or in my pasta dish.  Sometimes I use it as a sandwich spread.  I even made avocado bread one time.  (although, I will admit, it just tasted like...bread.) Sooooo many delicious choices. 

And besides tasting good...avocados are a great source of potassium.  And, as a runner, I can always use more potassium. :)

in a pasta dish (this one is my "chicken-avocado-pasta delight"
(also very good with shrimp pasta)

 on top of a salad (spinach, carrot, tomato, avocado)

or, tonights avocado-preparation of choice: on top of tortilla chips w/fresh diced tomato


No comments :

Post a Comment