Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mango-Lime Chicken

Never bought mangoes before...but they were 2 for a dollar in Kroger yesterday, so I thought I would try them out.  Turns out they are unbelievably tasty :)

Clean 1 B/S chicken breast and put in in a skillet (preferably one with a lid)
Slice 1/4 of a lime, squeeze slices over chicken, then drop slices in skillet
Sqeeze some mango juice over the chicken (after I cut up the mango, I discovered there was a ton of flesh/juice on the pit, so I squeezed it over the chicken)
Put lid on chicken and cook on medium heat
When the chicken is almost done, add some mango chunks to the pan, let them cook with the chicken until it is done.


Mango-Lime Chicken, Zucchini, Pasta

And the drink of the evening...perfect with the chicken: Mango Margarita
(Tequila, Triple Sec, fresh squeezed lime, mango chunks, splash of OJ)



No comments :

Post a Comment