Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cherry Yogurt-Banana Cake

The Great Yogurt Saga of September 2012

Part 1: Yogurt Cake
Part 2: Yogurt Muffins
Part 3: Yogurt Scones
Part 4: Yogurt Cake II

For this recipe, I mashed together the recipe I used for the other yogurt cake, and my banana cake recipe, found here.  It's in the oven right now...so I don't know yet if it's edible or not.  I've only recently gotten brave enough to make up recipes when baking...I'm always afraid something will go horribly wrong.  I'm much more adventurous with cooking than I am with baking.

Timer just rang!  Here comes the moment of truth...

sure looks good
(even if it did burn my fingers...)

And it tastes good!  Hooray!

CHERRY YOGURT-BANANA CAKE

1/4 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 bananas (overripe)
6 oz cherry yogurt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 c brown sugar
1 c wheat flour
1 1/2 c white flour

grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan

bake at 350 for 40 minutes

only one bite left...yum.


pre-bake

post-bake

And thus ends the Great Yogurt Saga of September 2012.


No comments :

Post a Comment