Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chocolate Cake with Cherry-Guinness Topping



I bought some fresh cherries at Kroger the other day.  So when I was thinking about what kind of cake to make for my friend and I's double birthday party, I thought about Black Forest Cake.  Yum.  I found  cake recipe online somewhere and made the chocolate cake part, then I made a cherry sauce out of the fresh cherries and some Guinness.  I don't like whipped cream, so I omitted that part of the Black Forest Cake ensemble.

THE CAKE
2 1/8 c flour
2 c white sugar
3/4 c cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 c milk
1/2 c veg oil
1 tbsp vanilla



mix together the dry ingredients, then add the wet
grease and flour a 9x13 pan

bake 350 for 45 min

THE TOPPING
2-3 cups fresh cherries, pitted
3/4 c Guinness
spoonful of corn starch
large spoonful of sugar

throw it all in a pot and bring to a boil, cook until thickened

cherry blood...all over my kitchen
I put on an apron to save the white dress I was wearing...but somehow nothing ended up on the apron.



This cake was super-awesomely delicious.  Best Birthday Cake I ever made myself.  
Also, the only so far, but that's beside the point.
It was so delicious, I had some for dinner last night. Before I ate my real dinner.  
I couldn't wait til after for dessert.




No comments :

Post a Comment