Thursday, May 2, 2013

Meatballs


Look at that big pot of tastiness.  They simmered for about 2 hours while I did some odds and ends and spent some time with my horse.  Since Thursday is my long day at school, and I needed to go for a run after that, I didn't get to start the meatballs til 6.  By the time they were done, I was pretty hungry!  They certainly did not disappoint...I had to go back for seconds!


For the sauce, I used about 1 jar of Prego HeartSmart Mushroom and about 1/2 jar of Kroger Alfredo.  It filled a 2 qt saucepan about half way.  For the meatballs, I mixed together a little bit of mustard, 1 egg, some breadcrumbs, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric.  I used 1 lb 93% lean ground beef.  





I let the sauce heat up while I was mixing and rolling the meatballs.  Then I dropped the meatballs in the sauce.  When it started bubbling, I lowered the heat and propped a lid on top to contain the splashing.  


Simmer for about 2 hours and then eat up!


Tonight's dinner was rigatoni, meatballs, and a glass of merlot.
A wonderful trio.




No comments :

Post a Comment